Monday, January 31, 2011

Snake Sighting!

IMG_1658

Don't worry, it's not a fer-de-lance. It was actually quite small, and even though my professor didn't know what kind it was, he knew it wasn't poisonous. No Lees were harmed in the making of this photograph.

In other news, I'm really loving my program. It is an incredible amount of work though- we usually have three 90 minute lectures a day, plus 3 hours of hiking in the morning. We also have to catch and identify 10 different insects before we leave the station next Friday. And we don't have weekends off- today was my first free day since the beginning of the program. My next free day is a week from Wednesday.

But despite the fact that it is a lot of work, the people that I'm here with are really great, and so far I like everyone in my group, which is great because we literally are always together.

Some of my new friends: Ellen, Justin, and Manny.

1 comment:

  1. I like the jungle fashion gear on your new friends!

    How are the snake boots working out?!?! Hopefully that photo was taken with the extremely strong telephoto lens :-)

    Love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete